Adrian Rogers Biography
Adrian Rogers is a pastor and conservative author who has served as president of The Southern Baptist Convention for three terms. He has published over 15 books which are available internationally on the radio and television program, Love Worth Finding.
Adrian Rogers Age
He was born on September 12, 1931, in West Palm Beach, Florida, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 12 September every year.
Adrian Rogers Family
Adrian has managed to keep his personal life away from the limelight hence he has not disclosed any information about his parents. However, It is not known whether Rogers has any siblings or not. The information will be updated soon after the research is through.
Adrian Rogers Education
Adrian entered Christian ministry at the age of nineteen. Later, he graduated from Stetson University in DeLand, Florida, and New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
Adrian Rogers Career
Adrian’s first job as senior pastor was at Fellsmere Baptist Church, a small congregation in Fellsmere, Florida. He performed his first baptism in the C-54 Canal near Fellsmere. He is senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Merritt Island, Florida from 1964 to 1972. In 1972, he became the senior pastor of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis, Tennessee, where he remained until March 2005. During this period, the church’s membership grew from 9,000 to 29,000, and the church moved into a new, megachurch facility. Rogers was named pastor emeritus after his retirement in March 2005.
Rogers was instrumental in the Southern Baptist denomination’s conservative resurgence, which began in the late 1970s. The same year, Adrian elected president of the denomination during a theological controversy within the denomination. He also was the chairman of the committee which produced the revised 2000 edition of the Baptist Faith and Message. Later, he published eighteen books .and his works are featured on the internationally available radio and television program, Love Worth Finding, which is broadcast in English and Spanish.
Rogers is also the founder of the “Adrian Rogers Pastor Training Institute for ministers”, which is currently headed by his widow, two sons, and a granddaughter.
Adrian Rogers Wife
Adrian’s wife is Joyce Rogers. Joyce and Adrian were married in 1951 following their freshman year of college. He was a family man and has five children, Phillip, Janice, Steve, David, Gayle, and his granddaughter. Adrian Rogers says, “The best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” In this message, Dr. Rogers shares five ways to be a successful husband as according to 1 Peter 3:7-9.
Adrian Rogers Books
Adian has managed to write 30 books, here are some of them:
- Ten Secrets for a Successful Family.
- Unveiling the End Times in Our Time.
- The Incredible Power of Kingdom Authority.
- Believe in Miracles But Trust in Jesus
- Standing for Light and Truth.
- Grace for the Widow.
- What Every Christian Ought to Know: The book talks about the Essential Truths for Growing Your Faith and also has written a book designed to give new believers the nurture and care their faith needs to blossom and grow. What Every Christian Ought to Know seeks to give intellectual truth, and also to provide the “spiritual nutrients” required to produce mature faith.” Just as plants need certain essentials to grow—light, water, and fertile soil—so do new Christians—babes in the faith”.
One of the last books written by revered late pastor Adrian Rogers is also one of his best-selling.
Inspirational Quotes by Adrian Rogers
- God only wants for us what we would want for ourselves if we were smart enough to want it. (See Romans 8:28)28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
- Character is what we are in the dark. (See Ephesians 5:8-10.)You can read it later.
- God doesn’t appreciate what He doesn’t initiate. (SeePhilippians 1:6.)You can read it later.
- Good things become bad things when they keep you from the best things. (See Philippians 4:8.)You can read it later.
- Has it ever occurred to you that nothing ever occurs to God? (See Isaiah 40:28.)
- Forgiveness is not an emotion; it’s a choice. (See Ephesians 4:32.)You can read it later.
- Everything over my head is under God’s feet. (See John 16:33.)You can read it later.
- Reputation is what others think about you; character is what God knows about you. (See Revelation 1:8.)You can read it later.
- If you woke up this morning, and you’re still here, God still has a plan for your life! (See Jeremiah 29:11.)
- Never doubt in the dark what God has shown you in the light. (See 1 John 1:5.) You can read it later.
- Do your best and then sleep in peace. God is awake. (See Psalm 121:3-4.) You for yourself later.
- Just because you cannot see God working, does not mean He is not at work. (See John 5:17.)
- We don’t live by explanations. We live by promises. (See Romans 4:20-21.)
- When God says no, it’s because He has something better in store for you. (See 1 Corinthians 2:9.)
- Let go of this world and take hold of God with both hands. (See Deuteronomy 13:4.)
Adrian Rogers Height
Adrian stands at an average height and stature. His height measurement will be updated as soon as it is available.
Adrian Rogers Salary
Adrian earned an average salary from his career. Although he has not disclosed it to the public.
Adrian Rogers Net worth
It resembles his earnings as a Religious Leader who has contributed his abundant net worth, which, however, remains confined to this date. The information will be updated soon after the research is through.
Adrian Rogers Death
In November 2005, Rogers contracted pneumonia of both lungs as a complication of colon cancer treatments and died following a period of mechanical ventilation at the age of seventy-four.
Also, get to read a biography of :